Friday 16 January 2015

Wenger joins Mourinho to cry foul over City’s £25m Wilfried Bony signing....


It is part of our game and we have to deal with it.

‘It’s not down to me to control it. There are official people to do that. I don’t know enough about what they do. It’s not my job as well to judge that.’

On the Lampard issue, Wenger added: ‘I’m surprised the way it happened because it was told that he first signed for New York and after he didn’t. It’s strange.’

Although the Bony fee pushes City’s spending over the £49m mark, the club have offset it against the £25m they will bank from Valencia when Alvaro Negredo’s loan move becomes permanent in the summer.

Pellegrini refused to be drawn on Mourinho’s comments, but insisted that there is more to City then just lavish spending.

‘I didn’t hear what he said and it’s not important for me,’ said the City boss.

‘But I don’t think this club or this team is just money.

‘Every team needs good players if they want to win important things.

‘But after that, the way we play is very important.’


Daily Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment