Tuesday 6 January 2015

United’s Luke Shaw expected to be fit to face Southampton


Louis van Gaal has been handed a rare injury boost as Luke Shaw is believed to have suffered only a minor knock in Manchester United’s 2-0 FA Cup win over Yeovil Town and should be available for Sunday’s visit of Southampton.

Shaw became the 55th injury to afflict Van Gaal’s squad, with Rafael da Silva also suffering a fractured cheekbone during the third round tie, as both players were withdrawn at half-time.

Shaw had previously been out for over a month because of an ankle problem, returning on 28 December as a second-half substitute in the 0-0 draw at Tottenham Hotspur. But despite fears he had seriously aggravated the same ankle the 19-year-old should be fit to face his former club.

Having now been at United for half a season Van Gaal is impressed with the high tempo of English football. “I think the rhythm of the game is pretty high – higher than in Spain and Germany and also every club has players who can decide the match for that club and I cannot say that is also in Spain or in Germany,” he said. As per the Guardian

“I wanted to be here one time in a manager’s role to breathe the atmosphere of the Premier League. Now I’m here, I’m seeing things that I thought it would be like [but] I am amazed by the rhythm of the game.”

No comments:

Post a Comment